On behalf of GIMSPP, Texas ACP, and our Board of Directors, we hope everyone is safe and well during this difficult time. We thank you for all you do to keep your community safe and healthy. We have a few notes below to please keep in mind as GIMSPP 2021 begins during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- GIMSPP is in communication with our preceptors, administrators, and the Texas medical schools to ensure the safety of our participants - student, preceptor, and staff.
- Students are required to follow the policies and procedures outlined by their preceptor and their practice. Failing to do so will result in the termination of a match.
- Please be aware that as the situation around the pandemic changes, matches may be withdrawn at any time, up to and including in the middle of a program.
- It is GIMSPP policy that if the medical school is not allowing pre-clinical student rotations, pre-clinical preceptorships, and/or students are banned from campus, clinics, etc., students from that school are not eligible for GIMSPP until restrictions are lifted.
- Students may be asked to provide their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). GIMSPP does not provide PPE.
- There may be additional paperwork or insurance requirements as a result of the pandemic. As always, GIMSPP is working with our preceptors and their staff to make students aware of any requirements at the time of the match notification. However, the student participant is ultimately responsible for asking about, completing, and/or submitting any requested information, insurance, and/or training prior to their start date. Failing to do so may result in the termination of a match.
- For further information, please contact us at email@example.com or at 512.370.1539.