SAFE Opioid Prescribing: Strategies. Assessment. Fundamentals. Education
ACP offers a FREE program to help. Learn more here
The Texas Chapter of the American College of Physicians Services (TXACP Services) invites you to participate in the annual Leadership Day on Capitol Hill. This grassroots political advocacy initiative brings members of the college together to visit in Washington, D.C to address and speak on behalf of the key advocacy priorities for the college. Your participation as an Advocate for ACP throughout the legislative process-from subcommittee to committee to chamber votes, and Leadership Day helps to advance these key priorities and increase the possibility of a successful outcome.
A limited number of travel stipends are awarded to first-time attending physicians, residents and medical students to help offset your expenses for travel. Travel stipends in the amount of $500 will be awarded to up to seven TXACP members. Travel stipends in the amount of up to $1,500 will be awarded to up to four Medical Student or Resident Members. To be eligible for these stipends, you must agree/confirm the following:
|• You have registered for and will attend all ACP Leadership Day Activities
• You are a first-time attendee
• You are an ACP Member, Resident or Medical Student
• You will submit a travel expense form with applicable receipts
• To write Thank You letters to the offices you visited within two weeks of attending Leadership Day
Medical Students and Residents, in addition to the terms above:
• You will participate in all aspects of Leadership Day
• You will be required to attend the briefing session starting at 8:30am on Wednesday morning. In addition, there is a Happy Hour Reception that you are also invited to attend.
• You will submit to the Texas Chapter Office a personal account of your experience at Leadership Day and recap the highlights of your meeting, who you met with and the specific actions the Member(s) committed to taking. Please limit to 250 words. This information may be shared with your fellow members.
First-time attendees: Leadership Day Travel Stipend Application (please note, this application is available on a first come, first serve basis)
FUNDING FOR Leadership Day 2019 will open Spring, 2019
Texas Chapter Annual Scientific Meeting
November 17-18, 2018, JW Marriott Austin
Book Your Hotel Now!